Sat 9 April

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Kai
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Sat 9 April

Post by Kai »

I knew Free Radio Nova was going to be on, so I went to my outdoor listening spot to try to hear him. Unfortunately, he was rather weak to begin with (1843 UTC) – and when I checked again a good half hour later the reception was even worse (even though the signal was stronger) because of the Ghoul on 3932... I hope to be able to listen to you next time, Frank!

There were lots of other interesting stations to listen to, though.

1843 3935 Free Radio Nova S1-2 (later S2-3, but QRM from Ghoul/Bogusman)
1845 6287 Radio Caroline Int. playing ‘Together’ (DJ Bobo – twice?) and ‘Believe’(also DJ Bobo) and talking about European unity (?). Periods of silence and abrupt s/off, so perhaps a test? S2-3
1859 6305 UNID playing dance music. Possibly Bravo Sierra. S2
1903 6300 UNID with rock music. S3
1920 4026 Laser Hot Hits. Martin Scott playing ‘S&M’ (Rihanna) and reading out e-mails. S3-4
1929 3932 The Ghoul arguing that the money system is just a belief system. Repeat of the latest show (a really good show, by the way). S3
1937 6311 Radio Spaceshuttle Int. Rock and pop (in English and Finnish), Jingles. Hi to UK DXer Dr. Tim. The strongest signal of the evening. S4
2003 3905 Overijssel Radio with a very good show (I didn’t understand a word of what they were saying, but I enjoyed it!). ‘Als ik geld had kocht ik een eiland in de zon’ (Wilma), record by Normaal, ‘Yellow Sun of Ecuador’ (The Classics), ‘Ze moeten mij hangen’ (Oompie Koerier)... Several phone calls from Tante Foek (one of the pirate scene’s real characters!). Good atmosphere in the studio. S2-3
2030 3932 Bogusman with a repeat of his latest show (which gave me a chance to hear 30 minutes which I hadn’t heard before). Goldfrapp, XTC, The Jesus and Mary Chain, These New Puritans... (Thank God for Google!) Talk about everything from Bogus’ neighbor to war. S3-4

RX: Sangean ATS 909
ANT: 7m wire hanging in a tree

I also heard a strong station on 3920 (probably Likedeeler), and there was a weak one on 6240 (at around 2100 UTC) which turned out to be...Grolschman! I wished I’d stayed in the wood a bit longer, because this was certainly a welcome return to the airwaves after many years. I hope he’ll be back soon!

The coolest record of the evening: Oompie Koerier’s ‘Ze moeten mij hangen’ (Oompie Koerier was a famous Dutch pirate).

Kai
Caroline
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Re: Sat 9 April

Post by Caroline »

Hi Kai, :veryhi

I´m just back from Praha and have seen that you have been able to receive
us there on 6287kcs last weekend.
So thanks a lot for such information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mkae:friend

Yes, you are right, we had any audio problems nearly at the end
of such transmission! And linear amplifier in combination with
old 5W-TX became too warm, so we had to cd any time later.

Greetings to you in Norway,
Radio Caroline International.
:ahowy: