Christmas logs from Newfoundland - Dec. 24-31

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

newfoundland dxer
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Christmas logs from Newfoundland - Dec. 24-31

Post by newfoundland dxer »

Hi everyone:

It has been over a month since I posted my logs here. Don’t worry … I have not lost my enthusiasm for this great hobby, I have just been way too busy and tired these past few weeks.

It is great to finally have some free time, and I have been enjoying the holiday programming from many stations. Radio Mistletoe had a really nice Christmas show with some great music, Spaceman (one of my favourites) was back rocking shortwave, BBR, TRX and CRI made several broadcasts and Overijssel did a Christmas marathon. Powerliner stayed on the air for hours Tuesday night until his signal finally faded in here around 0200 (thanks!), and it was good to hear Borderhunter, Skyline and Nova again.

As you can tell from my logs, conditions have changed since November. The 48 mb has been horrible in the mornings (I have done a scan most weekday mornings, as well as getting up early on a couple Sunday mornings that are not in my logs). In the evening, 48 m has been poor and variable until about 0200 UTC, when signals do improve. (The only exception was last night, when 48m was good early evening as well.) My best receptions have actually been on 76m this month, which is quite unusual for this location.

Friday, December 24
6547,7 . . 1915-1925 . Central Radio Int., barely audible music and talk, ID via Iann’s chat
3906,0 . . 1938-0545 . Blue Star Radio, Metalica “Nothing Else Mattersâ€
freeradionova
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by freeradionova »

Thanks Terry!

I'm sure all of us are looking forward to your logs in 2011.

73's
http://www.freeradionova.com