Logs from Newfoundland, Oct. 5-11

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

newfoundland dxer
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Logs from Newfoundland, Oct. 5-11

Post by newfoundland dxer »

Hi everyone:

Sorry for the late post, but work and family commitments left little hobby time this week.

Last weekend was really interesting. Friday night was almost completely dead on the bands. There were few stations on the air, and conditions were horrible. Saturday night, however, was crazy. Many, many stations were on, and conditions were excellent.

I tried Sunday morning, but results on 48m were no better than last week … just a few higher powered stations. The higher frequencies were good, however, with receptions of Borderhunter on 15810 and Baltic Sea Pirate on 14000.

New stations this week included Baltic Sea Pirate, Radio Universe, Radio Ramona (I have heard Ramona via WBCQ, but this was the first time direct), and 2 novelty US stations, Calling Marco Radio and Bust a Nut Radio.

Tuesday, October 5
6924,9u . 0018-0030 . UNID (US?), relay of Wolfman Jack shows, no ID, 24442
6375,0 . . 0015-0144 . Black Bandit Radio, barely audible music and talk at 0015, worst reception ever for BBR, ID via Iann’s chat, rechecked at 0122 an d the signal was up to 34443 with Dutch music and old country, greetings (thanks!)

Wednesday, October 6
6924,2 . . 0025-0045 . Captain Morgan Shortwave (US), comedy skit, Kinks “You Really Got Meâ€
JoJo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JoJo »

thanks Terry, for the log. Much appreciated.
RadioRamona
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by RadioRamona »

Thanks Terry for your reception report.
things are improving a good antenna and a good experimentel fet stage at aprox 100W.

We also had a report from Chile (south america) 2 months back , wich amazed me.

Thanks again.

John