(HUGE) Pirate Radio Report from Dunlo, PA, USA, 20 Dec. 2009

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Dave Valko
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

(HUGE) Pirate Radio Report from Dunlo, PA, USA, 20 Dec. 2009

Post by Dave Valko »

20 DECEMBER 2009: Conditions seemed only fair when I awoke with bits of audio from Amica, Pirate Music, and LHH. The propagation data was just ‘normal’ as well. There was no 4 mhz MUF, but there was a 5 mhz MUF over a large part of the north Atlantic. So I wasn’t expecting much. And conditions did turn out to be about fair. But the really exciting aspect was how late signals were coming in. I thought the signals would have faded out by 1100, but they continued for another hour and a half!!! I still had a little audio on 6310 right to our local sunrise at 1234 UTC!! That’s a complete daylight path!! So it was well worth the effort going out and staying for so long in the cold and snow. The snowstorm that was moving up the eastern coast ended for us on Saturday evening, so I was able to make it up to the SGLs without trouble. Even though the parking lot wasn’t completely cleared, I was able to park in the usual spot. It took a little longer getting the gear together, laying out the wire BOG, and getting set up. These weather conditions are just about as severe as I’d choose to handle, and the Perseus setup worked fine. The cold didn’t seem to affect anything.

RX: Microtelecom Perseus SDR with ARR preamp.
ANT: 315' Beverage (BOG) at 50°.
QTH: Pennsylvania State Game Lands #26
Duration: 0720-1235 UTC
Solar Indices: Solar Flux = 82 A Index = 1 K Index = 1 No storms.
WX: A few flurries and stars to start, then just cloudy. Cold, around 15° F. (-9° C.)

4025 LHH M anncr at 0721 between songs, and into Rock song from 1977. Another song anmnt at 0725 w/ment of the year, ment of the Doors, and ending w/upcoming song anmnt. Tough to copy due to the computer noise, but strong enough. (20 Dec)

5814.88 R. Altrex Signal on at 0932:20. Mx very briefly up at 0954 peak. Really no chance for this. Much too weak. (20 Dec)

5815.04 Orion R. Signal on at 0749:20, then mx began at 0750:26 w/same Om-pah song he’s played often recently!! More Polkas. 0758 Percy Faith. 0802 “Back again and you’ve found it…Orion R.â€

Dave Valko
Dunlo, PA, USA
sciroccoam
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by sciroccoam »

Dave thanks for the log!
And i wish you and your family a merry christmas!
RadioRamona
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by RadioRamona »

Thanks Dave for your logging, this was again a relay by radio northcoast.
JoJo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JoJo »

Hello Dave, thanks for the logs and comment. Indeed a big list!
Joe K
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by Joe K »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the report on 6319,95 (Central radio)
Sorry you couldn't receive me properly but most people can receive a clear signal and modulation. I have discovered that one or two people with very sophisticated receivers have trouble with my signal, its because I use a PLL in my TX rather than a crystal or VFO which is the usual.
I might invest in a couple of crystals to avoid this problem in the future.

Joe (central radio int)

www.centralradio.info
R Spaceshuttle
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by R Spaceshuttle »

Hello Dave, after a long silence Spaceshuttle seems to travel times to times to USA as well! Splended! Many thanks for your audiofiles of reception in there on 20th of December 2009 on 6270 kHz....

:D Dick