Friday 15:th july log.

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

pjk
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Friday 15:th july log.

Post by pjk »

15/7
UTC
1942 R.Spaceman 3927 22222, Deep Purlpe - Highway star, at 2245 SINPO 35333, only s-3 at the beginning, later improving to s-8 at the end.

Bad conditions the whole evening, nothing on the 48, and the big Spaceman with a small signal on the 76. The cause, sporadic E-skip on the higer frequencys, southern part of the country with big signals up on the 27 MHz.

Greetings Peter.J

Post by Andy Richards »

Conditions really are terrible tonight.I can only just hear The Spaceman tonight but it is not listenable.Too weak & too much noise.

Andy Richards.

www.freewebs.com/radiofloss

AndyRichardz@msn.com
Robin Banneville
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Robin Banneville »

Andy Richards wrote:Conditions really are terrible tonight.I can only just hear The Spaceman tonight but it is not listenable.Too weak & too much noise.

Andy Richards.

www.freewebs.com/radiofloss

AndyRichardz@msn.com
Hi Andy ...

Are you sure this was Spaceman and not Korak ... :?:

At 22.45 utc on Saturday evening, I was listening to what I thought was Spaceman on 3926.90 kHz (albeit a bit more distorted than usual) but the ID was of Korak... :?

Maybe somebody can enlighten us for sure :-k

73's Robin Banneville
pjk
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by pjk »

Thats right, Korak was the whole evening transmitting on 3927 khz. Reception here was also with difficult, the conditions this weekend has been really lousy, lots of noise on the bands.

Greetings Peter J
Andy Richards

Post by Andy Richards »

Hi Robin,

I think you are right,it was hard to listen to & I assumed it was Spaceman,it probably was Korak then.

Andy Richards.
Robin Banneville
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Robin Banneville »

Andy Richards wrote:Hi Robin,

I think you are right,it was hard to listen to & I assumed it was Spaceman,it probably was Korak then.

Andy Richards.
Hi again Andy,

Peter says the same (thanks Peter by the way). The bands are generally poor at the moment, which makes identification difficult. I am at this moment listening to RFL on 6275.10 kHz, normally they come through fine, but today they are just fading in and out of the noise. The same applied to LHH (via JRRI?) earlier, they were only just above the noise, but fading into the noise regularly. Let's hope conditions improve soon.

:roll:
73's ... Robin