London Calling.

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Andy Richards
Site Admin
Site Admin

London Calling.

Post by Andy Richards »

Another very busy weekend on the Pirate Bands despite conditions not being the best and a little noisy too, there were many stations heard.Many stations fading in & out at various times and in the case of 6300-6310Khz three stations fading in & out on top of each other.
WMR were solid all day with the usual high quality programmes from all three presenters.I found the Radio Enoch tapes fascinating.I did hear them a couple of times back in the day but looking back on it now I wonder what all the fuss was about!Some good classic rock & more interesting clips too.
Radio Geronimo played some really great early ‘70’s music this morning.Sounded like Sweet Smoke at one point.Has anyone reading this ever heard of Sweet Smoke?
I could only hear Radio Underground on 48 & not on 76,not a bad signal until that part of the band got a bit crowded.Interesting stuff from Steve as usual.
Hard to believe that Radio Borderhunter was testing with only 10 watts!It really was a pretty good signal here!!Nice going Frans!
Strongest signals of the weekend came from Radio Shadowman,Radio Mazda & Radio Scotland(Yeah,maybe no one will hear your little signal,Albert,he he!)
Good signals too from WMR,Orion Radio,Magic Radio,Radio Brandaris,Radio Condor,The Bogusman & Radio Alice.
Other stations found nice clear channels & although they were not so strong they came through very well.Like LHH & Radio Geronimo(Does anyone have a current e-mail address for Geronimo?)
Lastly I have heard a few people talking about a Radio Britannia on 1476Khz.I know nothing about this station so any info would be most welcome.
The logs;

Friday 19/10/07

6255Khz – 2245-2250 – KBC – 55545.

Saturday 20/10/07

3910Khz – 2055-2100 – WMR – 33333 – James Gang,CCR – Slight Het.
3925Khz – 2050-2055 – The Bogusman – 44333.
3930Khz – 2235-2240 – UNID – 44334 – “Eloiseâ€
Borderhunter
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Borderhunter »

Hi Andy,

Nice reports again. Its true, I was only using 10 watt.
It suprised me too reading the reports.
Perhaps I was just at the good moment on the right place.
( even I tought nobody could hear me :evil: )
But thats short wave. You never know before how it goes.
And that makes it intresting too. :P
Frans.
JoJo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JoJo »

Hello Andy, thanks for the post, much appreciated. The only address from geronimo i know is geronimoshortwave [at] hotmail.com
uk-pandora
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

re, radio britannia

Post by uk-pandora »

hi andy, if you would like to email me . pandoraradio@hotmail.com
capricorn
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

sweet smoke

Post by capricorn »

hi andy
I have the 1970 album "just a poke" on cd :thumpup:
they were dropouts from new york living
in emmerich (germany) at that time.
a well known group in the 70s here in
germany
8)
greets cappi
Andy Richards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Andy Richards »

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the comments & info.

Capri! A Sweet Smoke Fan!!

I hoped someone on this site was old enough to remember them!I have a couple of their albums & from what I remember they were an International band based in Germany & the "Just a Poke" album was used alongside Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the moon" in those days at Audio Fairs to show off how good the stereo equipment was!!

All very old sounding now...................

Andy Richards.