Free Radio Report from Dunlo, PA, USA for 28 March 2010

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Dave Valko
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Free Radio Report from Dunlo, PA, USA for 28 March 2010

Post by Dave Valko »

28 MARCH 2010: The seemingly decent conditions of Friday night didn’t hold up as it was poor this morning. At home, Amica was weak with no audio detected, however I was getting a bit of audio on LHH. Being that the seasonal window is just about closed, I decided to go out to listen anyway. Besides the weaker signals, there was a lot of very quick fading. Also, the gradual morning fade was pretty early. By 0826, I was getting only weak audio on Orion R. and Mystery R. So I rolled up the antenna. When I got to the SGLs initially, a pair of older pup Beagles surprised me when they turned the corner round the Jeep as I was about to get out the cord reel of wire. Obviously someone who didn’t want them abandoned them. They ended up staying around me and the Jeep the entire time.

RX: Microtelecom Perseus SDR with ARR preamp.
ANT: 315' Beverage (BOG) at 50°.
QTH: Pennsylvania State Game Lands #26
Duration: 0640-0826 UTC
Solar Indices: Solar Flux = 88 A Index = 3 K Index = 0 No storms. The MUF was 7 mhz over most of the north Atlantic between the UK and Newfoundland.
WX: Hazy Moonlit sky, then clouding up. Windy. Just below freezing, around 30° F. (-1° C.)

4025 LHH 0642 anmnt in progress when I started. ID and 4025 freq, ment of what was upcoming, e-mail ("...studio.laserhothits...), song anmnt, then into soft Pop song. 0647 brief live ID, then ID jingle, and another song I couldn't recognize. Although it was still tough, it was the most readable in quite some time. (28 March)

5820.02 Orion R. 0708 John w/greetings to everyone including R. Saxonia and R. Tina. 0712 Pop song. 0714 ID jingle w/e-mail addr, then into 50's style mx. 0717 Schlager. 0720 another canned anmnt w/jingle, then "Morning Has Broken" by Cat Stevens. 0724 voice-over ID anmnt “Orion R. on again after taking a weekend offâ€
Last edited by Dave Valko on Mon Mar 29, 2010 22:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Valko
Dunlo, PA, USA
JoJo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JoJo »

Hello Dave, thanks for the log and comment, but I was on 5820kc; I guess you made a type miss-match
saturnus
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by saturnus »

Hi Dave,what a surprise you could hear a little bit of me.
Yes it was a bit "drifty" this morning but in the meantime the tx is upgraded with a pll oscillator.
Power was only 15 watts.
Dave Valko
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Dave Valko »

Orion: Thanks for the mistake alert!! Frequency corrected!!

Saturnus: Too bad I couldn't hear your signal a little better. Nothing you can do about propagation conditions!!

Nice to hear from you both!!

Dave Valko
Dunlo, PA, USA