Web receiver logs April 29-May 6

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Andrew Yoder
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Web receiver logs April 29-May 6

Post by Andrew Yoder »

All of these logs were via the global tuner in Bedford, UK. No chance to listen to the radio in the evenings at home or over the weekend because I've been busy with getting the gardens in, cutting up a fallen tree, mowing, etc. But from what I've been reading, other DXers on our side of the Atlantic have been having good results logging a few stations (Black Bandit, Powerliner, Mike, etc.) from your side. Congrats! Activity has been a bit on the light side lately, but hopefully that'll pick up and European DXers will have a chance to hear some more stations from over here, too.

Thanks to all of the stations who gave me something to listen to over the past week!

Radio Altrex: 6210, 4/29, 1459-1544 Hi to the listener on the webreceiver (me), Dutch pop music, Billy Idol “Flesh for Fantasy” (Guess that song must be more popular in Europe—heard it 2x in the past week on Europirates, but I hadn’t heard it in about 25 years), Huey Lewis “Heart & Soul” DJ singing over “The Banana Boat Song” and saying “I like coconuts.” ID, “6210…from the northcoast of the Netherlands…enjoy listening” “pirateradio, listening in the US on the web receiver…It’s still morning over there” Said sunny and 21 degrees. Frequent mooing cow SFX, during and between songs radioaltrex@live.nl 6209, 5/2, 1735-1802 Van Halen “Jump” “Panama” “Why Can’t This Be Love?” “Higher and Higher.” Started good, but faded down under static & adjacent-channel splatter. Said so much static on the web receiver, but he wasn’t sure how it was for the other listeners. More mooing cows. Hi to Pluto, UKDXer, etc. 6294, 5/5, 1516-1558+ Mx: GNR, Rush (by request), Focus. Only heard one actual ID, but lots of cow mooing (Yoder,PA via UK web receiver)

Radio Merlin: 6305, 4/29, 1555-1630+ Mx: Eagles “Hotel California” live, Pink Floyd “Money” Led Zep “Stairway to Heaven” live, Dire Straits, Peter Frampton, Accurate TCs (in UK time). (Yoder,PA via UK web receiver)

Skyline Radio Int’l: 3905, 4/29, 1710- Mix of pop dance and rock music, including Michael Jackson Yes, ZZ Top, Aha, Whitesnake, Billy Ocean, Norman Greenbaum. DJ said hi to UKDXer. Announcements seem to be in both Dutch and English, sometimes between songs and sometimes over them. I had some problems with a noise source, but UKDXer told me that the sig was better on a different receiver, so I switched (and it is). HUGE sig by 1800.(Yoder,PA via UK web receiver)

Radio Roni: 3895L, 1918- Testing with many IDs, I think QSOing with Radio Pluto or maybe talking to him in the chatroom? (Yoder,PA via UK web receiver)

Radio Zodiac: 6325, 5/1, 1956-2009* Hard rock with male DJ. Said running 100-130 watts, reports to radiozodiac@hotmail.com. Some utility station interference. ID spelled phonetically. Hi to listeners in Iann’s chat and for help in finding the frequency. Long instrumental synth song then woman with ID and e-mail address at sign off.(Yoder,PA via UK web receiver)

Radio Fox 48: 6307, 5/1, 2114-2157* radiofox48@hotmail.com Strange mix of old American jingles, American-accented computer-voice announcements with e-mail address, and mostly techno music. Did play “Fox on the Run” by Sweet (not sure that I’ve heard this song anywhere but on a European pirate) at tune in + also old disco version of “We Love the Pirate Stations.” End of show seemed to be an old Wolfman Jack aircheck with “Roll over Beethoven,” Animals “We Gotta Get Out of This Place,” Hot Chocolate “You Sexy Thing” DJ broke in near end with e-mail address, thanks for the reports, & asking for comments “Have a great evening; we close down in about five minutes. Thanks for listening.” Sig good/fair. (Yoder,PA via UK web receiver)

Unid: 6326, 5/2, 1719-1727* A few pop songs, including Culture Club “Karma Chamelon” Dead air between songs & QRT with no talk at all.(Yoder,PA via UK web receiver)

? 6302, 5/2, 1808-1832* Dance song with female vocals seemed to last forever, Strong sig but QRM from strong utility station. Difficult copy because of ute QRM. Male DJ gave out hotmail address for reports.(Yoder,PA via UK web receiver)

Laser Hot Hits: 4026, 5/2, 1930-1950+ Booming into Bedford, often hitting S9+60. Pop music: 1987 song “Hey Matthew,” Huey Lewis & the News “Heart & Soul,” Merlin, ON address, male DJ mentioned receiving signal reports from around Europe and that 4026 kHz was doing well tonight. Pro-sounding IDs & DJ. Some expressions you don’t hear on US radio, like “Cracking tune, isn’t it, there?” 4026, 5/3, 1910-2000 DJ: Mike Andrews. Mx: Johnny Cash, Robert Palmer, Real Life, Simon & Garfunkel. More expressions you won’t hear on US radio: “I thought they were rubbish when they came out, but that was quite a good tune.” Later, reading some reception reports: from Huddersfield, UK, and Sweden.(Yoder,PA via UK web receiver)