UNID's Saturday and Sunday

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

UNID's Saturday and Sunday

Post by avranesjr »

:?: 2 UNID's on Saturday evening around 2200-2300 UTC.
First was a carrier on 3903, but couldn't hear modulation. Bluestar on 3905 was coming through, though. Listeners in Iann's chatroom never heard any UNID.
Second was music coming through very nicely on 6400 kHz. However, the North Korean slightly below it in frequency was creating a very annoying heterodyne. Never did hear ID, and neither did anyone in Iann's chatroom.

Also today on Sunday morning, there was non stop music on 6300 from 1010 t/in to 1025 c/d. Heard again 1031 but fading as it got closer to daybreak here, and apparently off 1046 c/d. Coming through not real strong, but very clear, definitely stronger than any other European Free Radio station has come through on a Saturday or Sunday morning here. Again, noone on Iann's chatroom caught an ID.

Anyone have any idea who any of these 3 were? Any help would be appreciated.

Alex
'from the mountains of West Virginia'
RadioRamona
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by RadioRamona »

3903 was radio atlantis international, he was asking if i could hear him but it was skipping me, and also nothing on the UK remote, so he switched off.
there where weird conditions saterday evening.
Last edited by RadioRamona on Sun Nov 02, 2008 21:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by avranesjr »

Wow! Thank you, my friend! Bluestar was also coming through on 76-mb, Henri was in Iann's chat room at the time and was surprised he was making it over here! There was also someone on Iann's chat called sturdioramona that I thought was you, so that's why you got the e-mail from me. Hope to hear you sometime as well, thanks again for the help!

alex
Ray Lalleu
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Ray Lalleu »

3903 heard here also, but under Bluestar 3905. First break at 22.33, came again at 22.35, then new break around 22.38.

Probably the same station heard later on 3923 around 22.40 - 23.20, and still later on 3933, around 23.25 - 23.40. Same mix of music. Announcements rare, short and weak, could not copy a single word.
Ray
avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by avranesjr »

:ahowy: Thanks, Ray! I didn't hear the other 2 frequencies, but the 3903 did have a little splash from Blustar, and also some RadioAmateur QRM. But now come to think of it, Radio Fox 48 was also on Iann's chatroom at the same time as Blustar, and he was on either 3923 or 3933. Send Mike e-mail at radiofox48@hotmail.com and he can verify for you.
Also got PM from the 6400 op so I now know who that was. Ray, do you have any idea who was on 6300 this morning? Thanx again. :D

alex
Ray Lalleu
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by Ray Lalleu »

Hi !

You said : Ray, do you have any idea who was on 6300 this morning?

I heard an UNID with Dutch music at 11.37 on 6300.0. Later, I could not hear any audio, only carrier. And Dutch stations around 6300 go on and off quite often, so probably this is not the same as you heard.

I hope someone else will help you a bit more.
Ray
Box73
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Re: UNID's Saturday and Sunday

Post by Box73 »

avranesjr wrote:Also today on Sunday morning, there was non stop music on 6300, definitely stronger than any other European Free Radio station has come through on a Saturday or Sunday morning here.
Again, none on Iann's chatroom caught an ID.
Yes, but definitely on this chat at that time somebody knew....
avranesjr
Hardcore Gold Piratear
Hardcore Gold Piratear

Post by avranesjr »

I was half-asleep at the time, but I did not notice anybody on the chat that said they knew who it was. Maybe Boomi? :wink:

Also, e-mail to dutchradioatlantis@hotmail.com bounced back. Anybody has updated contact info for them? Thanx again for any help.

alex