Anyone Know What's Up With WMR?

Logs from pirates on shortwave.
Log van piraten op korte-golf. (Ned & Eng)

Moderator: Moderators group

Jock Wilson
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Jock Wilson »

Dear Andy,
All I'm saying is that one shouldn't take Stan's statement "....please we dont want to see a real station go off like so many others have done in the past" at face value given that all his other statements are insincere,which has been picked up by you;hence your 2 quotes:
" Posting in the way you guys have you show a "distaste" for WMR."
and
" All this false concern is transparent.You fool nobody with your stupidity."

My original posting about Stan's statement shown above was in reply to Johnno's posting of the 17th,in which he has taken Stan's statement (shown above) at face value,something you and I wouldn't do,as we can't be fooled so easily.Hope it's clear to you now.
Andy Richards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Andy Richards »

Hi Jock,

All that is clear to me now is that you seem to be trying to distance yourself from Stan's comments.I may be wrong,but the way I saw the postings was that you were both in league with each other.
I have no problem with people posting here to say that they don't like or approve of what a station or station operator has done.As long as it is open to debate.
What I didn't like about your posts and Stans was the "Smirking" insults on Jack's character.
I actually don't know Jack.All I know is that he is a very good and entertaining radio presenter.But it made me very angry to see those insulting posts suggesting that he had either mental or alcohol related problems or was in some way incarcerated!If it was meant as a joke,it wasn't funny.

And on one of your very early posts,why did you ask if Stan was there?

Seems to me that some of you guys may have a little "History"with Jack.I think that most of us here on AlfaLima don't really care.Keep these arguments amongst yourselves,we don't really need to know.

Andy Richards.

andyrichardz@msn.com
Jock Wilson
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Jock Wilson »

Dear Andy,

What started off as a bit of a joke has got out of hand quickly.The reason I asked if Stan was there is that on a previous occasion when the WMR website was down,Stan was the 1st person to reply to my initial posting.So I invited him to post again,believing that as he's nearer "the action" than I am,he may have some answers.
Unfortunately he has gone too far this time,disgracing himself in the process.I suspect that the e-mail insulting you that I received could have been instigated by him,the dead give-away being the bad spelling.
I doubt that Stan will post in this thread to explain why he did what he did.And I also doubt he will try to stir things again.
Hopefully we can put it behind us.I'll be out of town for a few days,so I'll not be able to access the Net for a while.
Finally,I should mention that I think the fact that 1480 views of this thread have taken place so far is testament to its popularity,at the same time being good for the publicizing of WMR.
series modulator
New Trouble maker
New Trouble maker

Post by series modulator »

The wmr scotland website is available at http://82.110.105.84/wmrscotland.com/ The wmr domain wmrscotland.com will be available later this weekend.

They are broadcasting on 6400 kHz, as usual, this weekend and you can listen to their programmes via the "Listen Again" feature on the website. A podcast service is also available so you need never miss a programme again.

It's a pity that some of the comments on this site are not moderated. :roll:
JoJo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JoJo »

Hmm seems to be it's not th eDurch this time like Boomi wrote.
I've got an email about this topic; why the moderators write rubbish about WMR.

First of all we moderators didn't wrote these things, And I'm sorry to tell this But I didn't follow this topic until now. To ba dwe are all bussy and there are more thing to do.

But indeed who are you Jock? why writing these rubbish things about WMR.

Better stop writing like this or I have to cancel your account.

To WMR; I'm sorry I didn't follow this whole topic. It started with just a normal question; to bad.

John.
Glowbug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Glowbug »

I've only started following this now and have to say I agree with JoJo.

We haven't talked smack. There was humor taken out of context.

This is something that should have been settled between the two involved parties in PM, but you guys didn't do that.

*sigh*
Glowbug
"Tubes are the spice of life"
(Unless specifically stated, my posts are my opinion and not as an Admin)
alfred
Site Admin
Site Admin

sooooooo ;)

Post by alfred »

Glowbug wrote:I've only started following this now and have to say I agree with JoJo.

We haven't talked smack. There was humor taken out of context.

This is something that should have been settled between the two involved parties in PM, but you guys didn't do that.

*sigh*
Jup..
I see it more as fun,,, and we al know wmr has a great history in the possitive way and a few lines in a forum can't change that. and well, sometimes people writte something negitive or share an opinion or do a big joke that not everyone understands, so what, is't that what free speach is all about?
and as long people very near to you know what you are as a person,, fuck the rest, hahaha. Hail too WMR
Guys,,, Transmit, or make love instead of war... hahah
Greetings Alfred
www.alfalima.net
alfred.zoer [ad] straatklus.nl
Johnno
General Trouble maker
General Trouble maker

Post by Johnno »

I'm not sure that moderation of comments should be nesessary but Jock clearly had an agenda when he was "speculating" on the problems he believed WMR (and Jack) were having. Stan was simply stirring it a bit and, I believe, was just winding Jock up and Jock fell for it. If Jock was a big enough man he would admit he was wrong but instead he is now trying to pass the buck onto Stan. This, along with certain other comments he has made, shows up Jock as the person he really is. Sad but true. :roll:

Now lets please put this subject to bed.